Understand the what, when, why and how much for your special diet.
Lisa helps adults and children successfully manage special diets, including, but not limited to diets that are: gluten free, dairy free, grain free, paleo, specific carbohydrate diet (SCD) and low carb.
Lisa works with individuals who have a variety of digestive, autoimmune and chronic conditions, such as celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic pain and others.
At least 80% of all chronic illnesses are due to diet and lifestyle. Proper nutrition is an undeniable key to good health, regardless of one’s age or stage in life. Food provides the energy and nutrients needed to build and regenerate body tissue, muscle, bone and blood. Nutrients also support the many chemical processes that take place in the body on a daily basis. Over 90% of the immune system exists within the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Both need support for disease prevention and management.
- Manage special diets successfully
- Children gain knowledge and learn self advocacy
- Create an allergy-friendly home
- Disease prevention
- Healthy weight loss, leading to numerous health benefits
- Develop cooking and baking skills
- Expand knowledge about healthy living and the healing power of food
- Make new discoveries to assist in healing
- Develop healthy eating habits and make better choices
- Improve mood and decrease anxiety
- Improve sleep patterns
- Improve digestion
- Improve energy and endurance
- Improve glucose and cholesterol numbers
- Support immune system and protect cells against toxicity
- Understand when and why to take specific supplements